May 6, 2017

It was foolish of me to start a blog about my new adventure two weeks before I started packing to move to Montana!  However, now that I'm on the road, I'll be posting regularly. My best friend Jeanie and I are on a three-day road trip, destination Kalispell...and today was grand! We left Fort Worth this morning, headed north to Wichita Falls and Amarillo. It took more than five hours to get out of Texas, and I have to say the panhandle was very depressing. It reminded me of that movie, "The Last Picture Show." Ugh. After that, we cut through the northeast corner of New Mexico, and into Colorado. Maggie laid in her doggie hammock in the back seat, constrained by her halter, which she did manage to get out of (how, I'll never know), but with the help of Dr. Josh's relaxing pills, she calmed down. We are now in Pueblo, Colorado, spending the night at a pet-friendly Holiday Inn Express, which is actually quite nice. They have great pillows!  Some photos shot with my iPhone:











Comments

  1. What a great first day! It always seems like you will never get out of Texas heading to the west or northwest. Love road trips! Thanks for taking us along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it seems like texas goes on forever! Rest well, you guys, and Maggie...keep calm and stay in your harness! It's for your own good! Enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day, but it really feels great to be out of the car!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 22, 2017

May 30, 2017

April 23, 2017