April 23, 2017

It's been a weekend of packing procrastination for me. Yesterday, I bought a new car, suitable for Montana winters. It's a Subaru Forester, and it's a nice ride. I miss my sporty little car, but it would've been useless in bad weather. So buying the car took some time, and then I had a nice dinner with the new owner of my house here in Texas. She bought it the end of March, and it worked out well for both of us for me to rent back until I head for Kalispell. Anyway, by the time I got home, it was too late to pack, and I was tired, so, yes, I went to sleep instead.

Last year, I purchased watercolor supplies with the thought of taking a couple of classes from my artist friend, Derenda. This morning seemed like the perfect time to sit outside on my patio and have a lesson.  But before that, I made a good breakfast for both of us, with biscuits.
By the time the lesson was over, it was already mid-afternoon, so I did pack a few more boxes...emptying the linen closet and the corner cabinet that holds glassware and booze. About that time, I got a call from my friend Maria. They were in the neighborhood and wanted to swing by and say goodbye. I didn't even care that my house is turned upside down...I said, "Come on down!" We chatted for awhile, and Maggie and Tia became sort-of friends (note Maggie sticking out her tongue).
Now it's already 7:30pm, and I haven't had dinner yet...and I'm typing up this blog post, too. My daughter is texting me, "Are you packing???" Heavy sigh.


Comments

  1. I love following your real life adventure. I use to own a Forester. It was a great car. I am going to be so envious of your Montana winters. Heather Morrison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 22, 2017

May 30, 2017